- Accelerated Reader
- Foundation Stage (KS3)
- Personalisation Stage (KS4)
- Raising Achievment - Year 11
- Applied Learning
- Business Studies
- Computer Science & ICT
- Health and Social Care
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Motor Vehicle
- Physical Education
- QV, Citizenship, Ethics and RS
- Resistant Materials
KS4 Examination Board: AQA
The GCSE course explores Planet Earth and its people considering the features, processes and issues it faces today. It builds upon the skills and knowledge introduced in Geography Years 7-9. GCSE Geography offers students the chance to understand current global issues, appreciate different cultures and analyse future issues and sustainable options. Students will gain many transferable skills such as team work, enquiry, independent learning, numeracy and literacy.
What will I learn?
The Restless Earth – Hazards created by our unstable Earth and their impact on people.
Water on the Land – River processes, landforms, flooding and management.
The Coastal Zone – Coastal landforms and processes. Rising sea levels and management.
How will I be assessed?
- Two written papers worth 37.% each (Unit 1 – Restless Earth, Water on the Land, The Coastal Zone and Unit 2 – Population Change, The Development Gap, Tourism)
- Foundation Tier grades C-G available (90 minutes)
- Higher Tier grades A*-D available (90 minutes)
- Controlled Assessment (Unit 3) worth 25%. Involves 4 hours of in-class preparation, one day of practical fieldwork and 16 hours in-class write-up.