Chilton Trinity

Chilton Trinity Primary
Life at Chilton Trinity Life at Chilton Trinity Life at Chilton Trinity Life at Chilton Trinity Life at Chilton Trinity Life at Chilton Trinity Life at Chilton Trinity Life at Chilton Trinity Life at Chilton Trinity Life at Chilton Trinity Life at Chilton Trinity Life at Chilton Trinity

Year 7 Boys Rugby

Tonight the year 7 boys rugby team travelled to Blake to play the hosts and Haygrove in their latest round of matches. Haygrove played Blake first and beat them 5-0 in a convincing win. 

First up we played Haygrove and the game was played a frantic pace with Haygrove scoring in the first minute. Chilton replied almost immediately as the rapid Evan Ukachu ran through several opposition players to score a superb solo try. Haygrove dominated the next two minutes but Chilton’s defence stood firm before Evan Ukachu scored once more after being allowed some time to get some speed up by the generous Haygrove backs. 

After half time and some replacements being used, Chilton really went up a gear. There were some superb hits and counter rucking going on from Joe Procter and Connor Evans in particular. It was the impressive Ukachu who broke through once more for his hat trick to make it 3-1. From the tap and pass style year 7 kick off, the ball was thrown on the half volley to the Haygrove player and the ever aggressive Ryley Sanders took advantage of a knock on to pick and run for the line to make it 4-1. The boys were superb and continued to protect the ball well in collisions and offloads, twice coming close to scoring again before Elijah Spencer powered through a tiring Haygrove defence to make it an emphatic 5-1 victory. 

Straight up for Chilton were a refreshed Blake side. With a few key players rested Blake played some excellent running rugby and had Chilton under pressure for large periods. Eventually Chilton got the ball out wide to Noah Wall who elegantly glided through four tackles to score in the corner. With half time looming Chilton held up Blake on the line with some excellent defence, before Blake just managed to squeeze over the line to make it 1-1 at half time. 

Some more changes were made by Chilton but Blake continued to play with aggression and caused Chilton problems eventually crashing over the line with 6 minutes to go. With Evan Ukachu back onto the pitch Chilton have him the ball and he ran through 7 tackles with blistering pace to score to make it 2-2. Blake were undeterred however and pushed for victory in the final minutes, being held up twice on the line before Chilton stole the ball off their own line, passed it out wide to Ukachu who sprinted the length of the pitch to score his second try of the half as the final whistle blew, to win it 3-2.

An exciting game and lots for the boys to learn for future games. They were a pleasure to have on the pitch and have so much potential if they keep working hard. 

© 2020 Chilton Trinity, Chilton Street, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 3JA
Tel: 01278 425222 | Fax: 01278 720066 | E-mail:
Terms of Use